Carry-On Baggage Information
Carry-on baggage includes cabin baggage, personal items, travel gadgets and special items. All carry-on baggage should meet the size, weight, quota, and acceptance regulations. All carry-on baggage must comply with the carry-on baggage dimension and weight limits and be stored properly. Additionally, due to limited cabin space, if carried cabin baggage cannot be properly stowed inside the cabin, it must proceed as checked baggage.
- Carry-on baggage stowed in the closed overhead compartment or under the passenger's seat must comply with the carry-on baggage dimensions and weight limits and be stored properly by the passenger.
- Carry-on baggage must fit under a passenger seat when stowed in order to prevent it from sliding sideways into the aisle.
- Carry-on baggage cannot obstruct passenger movement to, from, or across the aisle.
- Carry-on baggage stowed in overhead bins must fit securely, and cabin crew members must be able to close the bins without using force.
- There should be little or no chance for carry-on baggage and other articles to fall out of overhead bins when the bins doors are opened.
- Do not keep carry-on baggage on your lap.
- The cloakroom is not suitable for stowing passenger baggage.
- At some airports, carry-on baggage size may be more limited due to the aircraft’s storage capacity (especially Single Aisle Aircraft) even though your carry-on size complies with the limited size according to the regulation. If the baggage cannot fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you, it will be stored as checked baggage and placed in the cargo compartment. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- For all travel classes, each cabin baggage (including handles, casters, and side pockets) may not exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm) in size (length x width x height) and 7 kg in weight (Please refer to Baggage Rules). Cabin baggage is permitted in an aircraft cabin only if it can be safely stowed under the seat or in the overhead bin.
- For your convenience, a measurement Test Unit is available at either the check-in counter or boarding lounge to help you to determine whether your baggage meets these requirements. For cabin safety reasons, if your cabin baggage is overweight or oversized, it will be checked and carried in the cargo hold. and excess baggage charges will be collected if the cabin baggage exceeds your free checked baggage allowance.
In addition to the above-mentioned cabin baggage, each passenger may carry one piece of the following personal items free of charge:
- A small backpack and/or purse
- A laptop computer and/or briefcase
- A limited amount of duty-free merchandise
- A camera case, small camera and/or pair of binoculars
- Infant's napkins, feeding bottle and food for consumption in flight
- Personal clothing and/or food for consumption in flight contained in disposable packaging
- Passenger’s carry-on multi-functioning luggage, inflatable cushion, or other travel accessory used as an extra footrest for children to lie down during flight may be used on board our flights as long as the instructions for use set by the manufacturer(s) are followed.
- Travel gadgets that do not fit in carry-on luggage or exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm) in size (length x width x height) or 7 kg in weight will be counted as part of your cabin baggage allowance.
- To ensure safe use of travel gadgets for you, please comply with the regulations below:：
- (1) Passengers need to inform our booking department to pre-arrange suitable seats if they want to use the products on-board.
(2)Travel gadgets may only be used at the window seats (ex. A/K) that are not adjacent to emergency escape path and emergency exit.
(3)Must not be used during the aircraft take-off, landing, or taxiing.
(4)Must not damage the aircraft seat when using the travel gadgets.
(5)Must not put two or more units of travel gadgets together for children to lie down. Children must be accompanied by adults when using the travel gadgets.
(6) When the fasten seat belt sign is turned ON during flight, passenger must make sure the seat belts of travel gadgets are securely fastened and following cabin crew instruction.
Passengers with special needs or caregiving purposes, who choose not to check in their items, are allowed to bring special items into the cabin. Such baggage may exceed the size and weight limits of cabin baggage but should be able to fit in the overhead bin and cloakroom, and can be placed in these storage spaces or gate-checked, including：
- Canes/Crutches/Artificial limbs/any Mobility aids.
- Medical equipment or supplies.
- Fully collapsible stroller or Child safety seat.
- For flight safety, all sharp items must be placed in checked baggage. These include any type of knives, metal nail files, scissors, tweezers, and other similar items; If any of these items are found in your carry-on luggage, they will either be delivered late, confiscated, or held by the airport security staff. China Airlines shall not assume any responsibility for it.
- Due to limited refrigeration space onboard and hygiene reasons, we are unable to offer passengers the ability to store and refrigerate personal belongings in the chiller.