- The tickets that you hold should be issued by either China Airlines (297) or Mandarin Airlines (803) (not applicable to tickets for infants). The service is only available for tickets booked on CI/AE operated international flights or CI/AE code-shared international flights. It does not apply to whole trip if your connecting flight is operated by another airline. Passengers who hold two separate tickets during the travel journey are not eligible for this service.
- Passengers should purchase their prepaid excess baggage allowance at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of their flights via our official website. Otherwise, passengers will have to pay for excess baggage at the airport check-in counter.
- The prepaid excess baggage allowance can only be used by the passengers themselves. Pooling or transferring of baggage allowance is not permitted. Once the allowance is used, if the actual weight of the baggage upon check-in is less than the prepaid baggage allowance paid for, the unused portion is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The prepaid excess baggage is valid for single sector to the place of stopover or final destination. Please note each passenger is limited to purchase once on line for each sector.
- Limits of Purchasing Excess Baggage: Under weight system, the maximum weight limit of prepaid excess baggage per passenger is 100kg with a minimum unit of 5kg each time. Under piece system, the maximum piece limit of prepaid excess baggage per passenger is 5 extra pieces of baggage, and the weight allowance of the baggage will be based on the limits of the cabin class of the ticket. Each piece of checked baggage shall not weigh more than 32 kilograms. Pieces of baggage in excess of 32 kilograms must be repacked in separate bags.
- Different regulations and charges apply to special baggage, such as oversized, overweight, sporting equipment, pets, and cabin baggage, which are not qualified for the prepaid excess baggage allowance.
- Prepaid excess baggage allowance online service is not available under following situation :
- If your connecting flight is operated by another airline.
- Traveling from Taipei to one city in North America but return to Taipei from a different (or another) city in North America, and vice versa (such as Los Angeles-Taipei-San Francisco or Taipei-Los Angeles//San Francisco-Taipei).
- If a booking record or a ticket contains a trip between United States, Canada and a city beyond Taipei, which has a layover in Taipei for more than 24 hours.
- For departing from or arriving at the airports listed below
Mainland China: Fuzhou, Haikou, Nanchang, Ningbo, Sanya, Wenzhou, Wuxi, Xuzhou
Southeast Asia: Palau
- If there is a need for you to change to another flight, please contact our Customer Service Center or branch offices during office hours to make a change before your original flight departure.
- Once your tickets are used, your prepaid excess baggage fee cannot be refunded. If you haven't used your tickets and want a refund on your excess baggage, please visit CI official website or branch office for your ticket refund within 2 years of the date of purchase. 30% of purchase amount will be charged as an administrative fee.
- All other transportation regulations of this airline shall apply to the Prepaid Excess Baggage Service.
- China Airlines reserves the right to interpret, revise or cancel the aforementioned articles at any time
*** Gentle Reminder : If your flight ticket have below situation , please contact our service counters of branches for further information.
1. Group ticket (booking class: G)
2. Redeem mileage for Upgrade Awards
I have clearly read through the content associated with prepaid excess checked baggage and agree to the related terms and conditions.