- TitlePublish Date
China Airlines and Mandarin Airlines would like to revise the fuel surcharge -YQ- amount issued for fare originated from Hong Kong and ticket issued/reissue on/after 02 November 2018.
Between 01February - 31 March 2019 on/after 01 April 2019 Routing One Way Round Trip One Way Round Trip HKG - TWN / JKT HKD100 HKD200 HKD131 HKD262 HKG - DEL / GUM / ROR / South East Asia / North East Asia HKD116 HKD232 HKD147 HKD294 HKG - USA / YVR / EUR / AUS / AKL HKD448 HKD896 HKD584 HKD1,168
1. Fuel surcharge is base on a per flight sector basis.
2. Applies to all passengers, including children.
3. Applies to codeshare flights.
4. Fuel surcharge is refundable for the CI sectors not flown and the flight coupons not used.
5. The surcharge -YQ- must be collected at point of sale and reflected in the TAX box.
6. Fuel surcharge will be reviewed based on market conditions and fuel price fluctuation.
Effective from 28 March 2019, boarding gates 15 to 22 in Hong Kong International Airport Terminal 1 will be renumbered as 5 to 12. The Skyteam Lounge will subsequently be addressed at Gate 6 (currently addressed at Gate 16). For more information, please visit Hong Kong International Airport
In view of the closure of Pakistani airspace, the flights from and to Europe might be affected 27 Feb, 2019In view of the closure of Pakistani airspace, the flights from and to Europe might be affected.Please check the flight status from our website, download China Airlines APP, or register for SMS notification to receive the latest updates, thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
Cancellations and delayed flights Flight Status CI Mobile APP Flight Messaging Branch office Flight Delay/Cancellation Certificate
China Airline Service Hotline
Location Service hotline Opening time Taipei (Taiwan) 412-9000
Mon-Fri (GMT+8) 08:00~18:30
Japan +81-3-6378-8855 Daily (GMT+9) 09:00~12:00,13:00~17:30 HongKong +852-2868-2299 Mon-Fri (GMT+8) 08:30~18:30
China +86-400-888-6998 Daily (GMT+8) 08:30~17:30
Airport contact information
Airport Contact information
Taoyuan International Airport
Service hotline (+886) 03-398-3728 Terminal 1 (+886) 03-398-2143 Terminal 2 (+886) 03-398-3274 Taichung airport (RMQ) (+886) 04-261-55000 Kaohsiung International Airport (KHH) (+886) 07-805-1371 (+886) 07-805-1368
China Airline - HongKong
Customer service HongKong +852-2868-2299 HongKong international Airport +852-2769-8391 Mandarin Airlines Customer service +886-2-412-8008 Domestic Airports information Click here for more details
Starting from February 1st, 2019, passengers fly with China Airlines CI7916, please proceed to No. 12 to 15, Counter Row B, Departure Hall, Terminal 1 of Yangon International Airport for departure check-in.
Check-in Counter Information Effective date Now till 2019/1/31 From 2019/2/1 CI flight No. 4 to 7, Counter Row B, Departure Hall, Terminal 1 No. 12 to 15, Counter Row B, Departure Hall, Terminal 1
Due to expected security staff strike action at Frankfurt Airport on 15th JAN(Tuesday), please be advised of the following ticket handling procedure.
- Passengers holding CI/AE valid tickets with confirmed bookings with connecting flights via CI061/14JAN or with confirmed booking on CI062/15JAN issued on/before 13JAN19.
- Application must be filed on/before 28JAN19.
- Not Applicable
Passengers holding other airlines ticket with CI sectors shall comply with other airlines ticket rule
Rebooking/Reissue service charge shall be waived only once.
- Rebooking to other CI/AE operated flights with the same booking class, fare condition, Airport and within validity shall be revalidated only once. In case of reissue, passengers shall pay Fare/Tax difference if any incurred in this change.
- Reroute to other flights shall be accepted and passengers shall pay Fare/Tax difference if any incurred in this change.
- Ticket purchased via China Airlines website, please contact our branch office to avoid Reissue/Rebook service charge.
- Special Involuntary Reroute for those passengers whose destination of connecting flight is in Germany：Involuntary reroute to passengers’ final destination by using Deutsche Bahn(DB) will be accepted without any charge.
- Full refund for unused tickets without imposing any refund service charge/penalty.
- Refund for partially used tickets, all refund service charge or penalty can be waived.
From 01 January 2019 onwards, in order to allow more fluent and comfortable check-in process for your journey, exclusive check-in counter in Taoyuan International Airport Terminal 2 for (premium) business class passengers and Paragon / Emerald / SkyTeam Elite Plus members will be changed from no.12 to no.13. Thank you for your cooperation. (Only for all CI/AE operating flights and IT129/CI8609 departing from TPE Airport Terminal 2.)
Due to continued drone sightings in Gatwick Airport, LGW runway closed since 19DEC18 and awaiting further notification. Please be advised of the following rebooking/reissue/reroute/refund principle for passengers who are holding a confirmed booking on CI flights to/from LGW affected by drone sightings.
For those passengers, who are holding CI/AE valid tickets including BP00 with confirmed bookings on those affected CI/AE flights issued before 19DEC18, must file an application on/before 14JAN19.
- Not Applicable
a. Passengers holding other airlines tickets with CI sectors shall comply with other airlines ticket rule
b. All DM/ID/AD/GIT tickets are also not suitable for the below principle.
In case of reissue/rebooking, the reissue/rebooking service charge shall be waived only once.
a. Rebooking to other flights with the same RBD/Carrier/Ticketed point including airport shown on ticket and within validity shall be revalidated only once.
b. In case of reissue, the reissue service charge shall be waived only once. Reroute to other flights shall be accepted and passengers shall pay Fare/Tax difference if any.
a. Full refund for unused tickets without imposing any refund service charge/penalty.
b. Refund for partially used tickets, all refund service charge or penalty can be waived. Calculation of refund value for flights will be based on voluntary refund procedures.
Starting from November 10, 2018, passengers taking Mandarin Airlines AE952, please go to No.19,20,22 Counter Departure Hall, New Terminal of Nanyang International Airport for departure check-in.
Effective from 28OCT 2018, Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport check-in counters opening at 180 minutes before schedule time of departure, and will be closed 60 minutes prior to departure time.
To provide better service, China Airlines Lounge at Changbei International Airport is scheduled for renovation from 16 OCT, 2018 and is expected to reopen 18 months later. Alternative lounge will be located near Gate 101-102. We sincerely appreciate your understanding.