Carry-On Baggage Information
- For all travel classes, each cabin baggage (including handles, casters, and side pockets) may not exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm) in size (length x width x height) and 7 kg in weight (Please refer to Baggage Rules). Cabin baggage is permitted in an aircraft cabin only if it can be safely stowed under the seat or in the overhead bin.
- For your convenience, a baggage measurer is available at either the check-in counter or the boarding gate to help you determine whether your carry-on baggage meets the volume requirements. For cabin safety reasons, if your cabin baggage is overweight or oversized, it will be checked and carried in the cargo hold. and excess baggage charges will be collected if the cabin baggage exceeds your free checked baggage allowance.
- Personal items:
In addition to the above-mentioned cabin baggage, each passenger may carry one piece of the following personal items free of charge:
- Handbag or wallet
- Small camera and/or pair of binoculars
- A reasonable number of duty-free items
- Laptop computer
- Infant's napkins, feeding bottle and food for consumption in flight
- A reasonable amount of reading material
- Food for consumption in flight contained in disposable packaging
- Travel Gadgets
- Passenger’s carry-on multi-functioning luggage, inflatable cushion, or other travel accessory used as an extra footrest for children to lie down during flight may be used on board our flights as long as the instructions for use set by the manufacturer(s) are followed.
- Travel gadgets that do not fit in carry-on luggage or exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm) in size (length x width x height) or 7 kg in weight will be counted as part of your cabin baggage allowance.
- To ensure safe use of travel gadgets for you, please comply with the regulations below:
(1) Passengers need to inform our booking department to pre-arrange suitable seats if they want to use the products on-board.
(2) Travel gadgets may only be used at the window seats (ex. A/K) that are not adjacent to emergency escape path and emergency exit.
(3) Must not be used during the aircraft take-off, landing, or taxiing.
(4) Must not damage the aircraft seat when using the travel gadgets.
(5) Must not put two or more units of travel gadgets together for children to lie down. Children must be accompanied by adults when using the travel gadgets.
(6) When the fasten seat belt sign is turned ON during flight, passenger must make sure the seat belts of travel gadgets are securely fastened and following cabin crew instruction.
- Special items
- Mobility aids
- Artificial limbs
- Medical equipment or supplies
- Child safety seat
- Baby bassinets and strollers
- For flight safety, all sharp items must be placed in checked baggage. These include any type of knives, metal nail files, scissors, tweezers, and other similar items; If any of these items are found in your carry-on luggage, they will either be delivered late, confiscated, or held by the airport security staff. China Airlines shall not assume any responsibility for it.
- Due to limited refrigeration space onboard and hygiene reasons, we are unable to offer passengers the ability to store and refrigerate personal belongings in the chiller.