- The tickets that you hold should be issued by either China Airlines (297) or Mandarin Airlines (803) (not applicable to tickets for infants). The service is only available for tickets booked for CI/AE operated international flights or CI/AE code-shared international flights. It does not apply to whole trip if your connecting flight is operate by another airline . Passengers who hold two separate tickets during the travel journey are not eligible for this service.
- Passengers should book their prepaid excess baggage allowance at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of their flights via our official website. Otherwise, passengers will have to pay for excess baggage at the airport on the basis of the standard excess baggage charges.
- The prepaid excess baggage allowance can only be used by the passengers themselves. Pooling or transferring of baggage allowance is not permitted. Once the allowance is used, if the actual weight of the baggage upon check-in is less than the prepaid baggage allowance paid for, the unused portion is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The prepaid excess baggage is valid for single sector to the place of stopover or final destination. Please note each passenger is limited to purchase once on line for each one-way journey.
- Limits of Purchasing Excess Baggage: Under weight system, the maximum weight limit of prepaid excess baggage per passenger is 100kg with a minimum unit of 5kg each time. Under piece system, the maximum piece limit of prepaid excess baggage per passenger is 5 extra pieces of baggage, and the weight allowance of the baggage will be based on the limits of the cabin class of the ticket. Each piece of checked baggage shall not weigh more than 32 kilograms. Pieces of baggage in excess of 32 kilograms must be repacked in separate bags.
- Different regulations and charges apply to special baggage, such as oversized, overweight, sporting equipment, pets, and cabin baggage, which are not qualified for the prepaid excess baggage allowance.
- Prepaid excess baggage allowance online service is not available for the following itineraries
- The origin and destination are different(such as Los Angeles-Taipei-San Francisco) ; and/or
- Including any enroute ground transportation(such as Taipei-San Francisco//Los Angeles-Taipei); and/or
- Departing from or arriving at the airports listed below.
Mainland China: Fuzhou, Haikou, Nanchang, Ningbo, Sanya, Wenzhou, Wuxi, Xuzhou
Southeast Asia: Palau
- If there is a need for you to change to another flight, please contact China Airlines Customer Service during office hours or visit a CI branch office to make a change before your original flight departure.
- Once your tickets are used, your prepaid excess baggage fee cannot be refunded. If you haven't used your tickets and want a refund on your excess baggage, please visit CI official website or branch office for your ticket refund within 2 years of the date of purchase. 30% of your service fee will be charged as an administrative fee.
- All other transportation regulations of this airline shall apply to the Prepaid Excess Baggage Service.
- China Airlines reserves the right to interpret, revise or cancel the aforementioned articles at any time.
*** Gentle Reminder : If your flight ticket have below situation , please contact our service counters of branches for further information.
1. Group ticket (booking class: G)
2. Redeem mileage for Upgrade Awards
I have clearly read through the content associated with prepaid excess checked baggage and agree to the related terms and conditions.