In order to ensure a smooth boarding process, please leave sufficient time for check-in, security check, immigration check, and/or customs procedure.
China Airlines' check-in counter working time and boarding preparation time are different in different airports. Generally, you are advised to check in two hours prior to the departure time listed on the flight timetable. However, in some busy airports, for example, airports in the United States, the procedures are strict. Therefore, you may need to check in three hours in advance or even earlier.
Except some of our airport stations mentioned as below have the special requirements to set in the counter closed time due to the airport facility reasons, otherwise the rest of the stations will be closed the check in counter 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
|Airport||Counter closing time|
|Shanhai Hongqiao International airport||The check-in counter will be closed 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time|
|Shanhai Pudong International airport||The check-in counter will be closed 50 minutes before the scheduled departure time|
|Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport|
|Taoyuan International Airport||The check-in counter will be closed 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time|
|Bangkok(Sivarabhumi International airport)|
|Kuala Lumpur International Airport|
|Beijing International airport|
|Wuhan Tianhe International Airport|
|Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport|
|Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport|
|Incheon International Airport|
|Los Angeles International airport|
|San Francisco International Airport|
|Guam International Airport|
|Delhi International Airport|
If you have special needs or considerations (for example, if you are an unaccompanied child, or a passenger with disability, hearing/visual impairment, block seat baggage, or wheelchairs), you are advised to check in two hours prior to the departure time listed on the flight timetable so that we have enough time to address your needs
Checking in on time is very important. Otherwise, the seat you reserved may be canceled or you may be unable to board smoothly.
For Airport Check-In Counter and Terminal Information, please click here.
- Air Ticket
- The use of the air ticket must comply with China Airlines regulations. An air ticket is a contract. Please do not mark over or modify your air ticket; otherwise, the air ticket is deemed invalid. Please verify that the name on the air ticket is the same as that on the passport. If you purchase an e-ticket, please take your e-ticket receipt to be checked by the counter staff.
- Note: Air ticket prices vary according to the off/peak season, flight date, and ticket booking area. Please verify that your booking matches your air ticket so that you will not have to be inconvenienced.2
- Travel Documents
- Please note that you are required to have a passport when you are traveling to other countries. Some countries even have requirements on the passport's validity period.
- With the exception of the passport, visa requirements, travel documents, or entry permits vary according to the country you enter. If you do not prepare your travel documents, your travel may be inconvenienced or you may even be rejected and deported after arriving at your destination.
- China Airlines is not responsible for expenses incurred due to denied entry because of incorrect documents or passengers' personal reasons.
- Checked Baggage and Seat-Blocking Baggage
- Please verify that your baggage has identification or name tags. You can get name tags from any China Airlines' counter in airports. Please write your name in English correctly and clearly on the name tag and attach it to your baggage. Most importantly, you must carry your medicine, travel documents, and valuables with you.
- Before you set out, please refer to the baggage allowance indicated on the air ticket. You must pay for baggage which exceeds this allowance. If you have several subsequent transfer flights, please notify the check-in staff. Generally, your baggage can be sent directly to your destination. In order to ensure a safe flight and meet the requirements of the cabin facilities, the size and weight of the hand-carry bags are restricted. If necessary, your baggage must be checked by customs or government officials
- To abide by governmental regulations of every country and to support international biodiversity conservation actions, please do not carry illegal wildlife, and work together to combat illegal wildlife trade.