Mileage Accumulation on China Airlines / Mandarin Airlines
Flight mileage refers to the mileage members earned by taking the scheduled international flights operated by China Airlines and Mandarin Airlines and the applicable flights of SkyTeam partner airlines. To ensure that your flight mileage is credited accurately and timely, please give our service personnel both your membership card number and your name (as it appears on your card), when making a reservation yourself or through a travel agent. When checking in at the airport, present your membership card to ensure that your mileage is automatically credited to your account. Further, please retain your ticket copy and boarding pass at least six months for the purpose of any future inquiries.
- Actual mileage refers to the mileage between departure and destination of a flight (subject to the IATA regulated Ticketed-Point-Mileage (TPM)). If a flight number is changed due to a transit, the actual mileage of the two flights will be calculated separately.
- When the ticket booking class and the boarding class are different, the flight mileage is calculated based on the lower of the two. China Airlines will calculate and confirm your mileage after departure.
- The following kinds of tickets are excluded from flight mileage accumulation: free ticket, award ticket, infant ticket, and airline and travel industry discount tickets. The other regulations are detailed in the table below.
- If due to force majeure, a China Airlines or Mandarin Airlines flight is canceled or delayed and members are transferred to other airlines, the sector mileage will not be credited.
- Flight mileage can only be accumulated once per flight, regardless of what flight are taken. Additional mileage cannot be credited for additional tickets and seats.
- The calculation of weighted trip is based on the amount of segment in reservation; the amount of weighted trips earned from each segment will be dependent on ticket class.