Visa requirements are made by officials of each country or region and may be adjusted for various circumstances.
Therefore, countries and regions may have different visa conditions and requirements for people of different nationalities when issuing a visa for exit/entry and transit. The visa information on this website is for reference only. Before purchasing tickets and traveling, passengers are required to:
- Consult with institutions and agencies developing relevant laws, regulations and policies as well as Customs, other relevant agencies and institutions in details or check the websites of the aforementioned institutions and agencies for all countries and regions involved in the itinerary in order to understand and confirm the effective provisions of the countries and regions involved in the itinerary regarding requirements of visa and other documents.
- For the document information, the requirements of the aforementioned government agencies and institutions shall prevail.
Please prepare your travel documents based on the information you obtained from government agencies and institutions in order to ensure that you have a smooth trip. If you violate the local laws, regulations, orders and policies of the countries and regions involved in your itinerary because are unable to prepare a valid travel document, and as a result you are unable to board, transit or denied of entry/exit or repatriated because you are stopped by any of the relevant government organizations, agencies, institutions, Customs or other institutions, agencies or organizations, China Airlines will not bear any responsibilities and losses.
Taiwan Arrival Card
In order to make it more convenient and easier for foreign travelers to enter Taiwan, the Ministry of Interior National Immigration Agency of R.O.C.(Taiwan) provides an online "Taiwan Arrival Card" for foreign travelers to fill in before entry Taiwan.
Notes for Taiwanese Male Travelers of Conscription Age Leaving R.O.C.(Taiwan) :
According to the specification of Taiwan laws and regulations, the male over 18 years old from January 1st of the following year to the 36 years old to December 31st of this year those men in the Taiwan areas have not fulfilled their military service obligations must apply for approval to leave the country.
- Who has been included in the Conscription groups.
- Who had already been notified of conscription medical and physical examination processing.
- Returned overseas ROC Taiwan male people and men of Conscription Age who have naturalized our nationality should have the obligation to perform military service in accordance with the provisions of the "Regulations on the Service of Naturalized ROC Taiwan Citizens and Returned Overseas Nationals"
- Leaving the country should be controlled in accordance with military service rules and other regulations.
Mainland China residents transiting in R.O.C.(Taiwan)
- Passengers are required to prepare all valid documents, including but not limited to various valid documents (e.g., valid passports, Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents, Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents, Taiwan Travel Permit for Mainland Residents, Taiwan Entry and Exit Permit, or other valid documents that are required by the laws, regulations and policies in accordance with the requirements of the relevant agencies, institutions and organizations), transit visa and other documents.
- What specific valid certificates are required for your itinerary, please contact and check the countries and regions involved in your itinerary for the details of the relevant laws, regulations and Institution/Departments, as well as customs and other related units for further inquiring and confirmation.
- Our flights to and from Auckland and Christchurch, include a layover in Australia (Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne). Mainland China passport holders should obtain an Australia transit visa before departing to Auckland and Christchurch. Please contact nearest Australian official overseas office for details.
New Zealand Traveler Declaration
- The New Zealand government now provides an online travel declaration that travelers can fill in the form before departure, passengers who have completed the online declaration are not required to fill out the paper arrival card when entering into New Zealand. For more detailed information, please refer to the New Zealand Government’s website.
Advance Passenger Information (API)
In response to government regulations of each country, we need to collect various personal information’s data. Advance Passenger Information (API) includes information provided on passports or travel documents as well as other information. Passengers traveling to the U.S. should also provide the first address for their stay in the U.S. The addresses specified in the API will be sent to your destination's entry and exit administration bureau. The API includes the content of the machine-readable columns on passports:
- First Name and Last Name
- Date of Birth and Gender
- Passport ID
- Country Issuing Passport
- Passport Expiration Date
- Place of Residence (applicable only to travelers to the U.S.)
- Address of Stay (applicable only to travelers to the U.S.) The address must include a house number/hotel name, street name, city/town name, abbreviated state name, and zip code.