- The new award levels are applicable for all year round without blackout dates. Flying up in an easier way during the peak season.
- The new levels are applied to the awards issued on/after 19 March, the old levels are only valid for the awards issued on/before 18 March 2016.
- The Ticket Award Levels for one ticket on the following long haul flights will be adjusted as below：
Ticket Award Levels Award Ticket Booking Class One Way Round Trip * Between Asia (excluding Guam) and North America/Europe/Australia/New Zealand
* Between Tokyo and Hawaii
All year round All year round Economy Class X 66,000 110,000 Premium Economy Class Z 72,000 120,000 Business Class O 90,000 150,000
- The Upgrade Award Levels for one segment on the following flights are adjusted as follows：
4.1 Except the Y/B/M class, you may use K/V/T/R/Q/H/N ticket classes to reserve your upgrade service on the long haul routes (Offer Economy/Business Class service) from 19 March, 2016.
Upgrade Award Levels Award Type Booking Class Short Haul Long Haul
* Between any two points in Asia
(including Guam and Delhi)
* Cross-strait schedule flights
* Australia - New Zealand
Offer Economy/Business Class service Offer Premium Economy/
Premium Business Class service
* Between Taipei and Australia or New Zealand
* Between Tokyo and Hawaii
* Between Delhi and Rome
* Between Taipei and North American/
* Between Taipei and Europe
* Between Bangkok and Amsterdam
* Between Taipei and North American/Europe
* Taipei to Vancouver(74C Operated)
All Year Round Award Code All Year Round Award Code All Year Round Award Code All Year Round Award Code Upgrade from Economy Class
to Premium Economy Class
P 7,000 URP NIL NIL 25,000 UPYA Upgrade from Premium Economy Class
to Premium Business Class
I 8,000 URC NIL NIL 30,000 UPIA Upgrade from Economy Class to Business Class/
Premium Business Class
I 15,000 URI 35,000 UPDA 45,000 UPCA 60,000 UPBA 20,000
4.2 Easier steps to redeem upgrade award, please refer to PDF file attached.
- The handling charge of 4% mileage of the award transfer service will not be accepted, a fixed 3,000 miles will be charged instead. The handling fee of TWD$1,500 (or the equivalent amount in local currencies) will be charged for refunding or reissuing each CI/AE international award ticket. TWD100 will be charged for refunding or reissuing each Mandarin domestic award ticket.
- SkyTeam Upgrade Award service is suspended.
- Service for mileage purchase for immediate cabin upgrade at the airport is suspended. Please make sure you have sufficient mileage and apply your upgrade award ahead.
- Award ticket Online Redemption service is suspended till Mid-April, 2016. Still you may apply for award ticket by contacting with China Airlines branch offices.