- Definition: infants are defined as being under 2 years old (on the boarding date).
- Newborn infants, who are more than 14 days old and accompanied by adults, can travel on our company’s flights.
- If an infant travels with an adult and does not occupy a seat, the infant will be charged the infant fare.
- If one adult travels with two infants, one child fare ticket must be purchased for an occupied seat. The infant must sit in a safety seat. Please refer to the Child Safety Seat below for more instructions about the specifications and the usage of the safety seat.
- Other passengers who wish to let the infant use cabin seats also need to purchase the occupied seat's child fare ticket in addition to having the safety seat prepared. Please complete the booking and seating procedure in advance.
A child passenger refers to a child who is at least 2 years old and under 12 years old. They shall purchase a child fare ticket and must be accompanied by adults. Passengers who are over the age of 12 must purchase an adult fare ticket.
- Standards for Using Child Safety Seats:
- The accompanying adult passenger’s seat must be next to the safety seat.
- The safety seat must be fastened by the seat's safety belt for the duration of the trip.
- If the passenger using the safety seat is less than 20 lb (9 kg), then the safety seat should be fastened facing the tail of the airplane. If the passenger using the safety seat is 20 - 40 lb (9 -18 kg), then the safety seat should be fastened facing the nose of the airplane.
- Children who weigh more than 40 lb cannot use safety seats.
- Company-Approved Specifications for Child Safety Seats
- Safety seats meeting the U.S National Manufacturing Standard. They shall be attached with a certification label showing that it is applicable for riding ground transportation and flight vehicles.
- Safety seats manufactured in Canada: all have been tested and verified and are not required to have a certification label attached.
- Safety seats manufactured in other countries: shall be attached with a national qualified safety standard label or indicate on the label that this child safety seat is manufactured in accordance with U.N. standards.
- Specifications for Child Safety Belt Usage
- applicable to children who are 2 - 4 years old.
- Weight: 22 - 44 lb (10 - 20 kg)
- Height: under 100 cm (40 in)