Notice for Credit Card PaymentIf you receive an email with a subject of "China Airlines Notice for Credit Card Payment" after completing your credit card transaction, you will be denied boarding if the card is not presented at check-in, nor the incompletion of the credit card payment at least 72hrs before first CI/AE flight departure in business hours of branch office. Or you will be asked to buy another ticket for the itinerary. Please note that China Airlines doesn’t accept “Virtual Revolut Card” for paying!
A. The procedure of credit card verification is as follows:
- Passengers who paid for travel for themselves and travel companions (passengers in the same booking) with their own credit card, can process the verification at the airport check-in counter by presenting the credit card that was originally used for the corresponding purchase. China Airlines reserves the rights for the passengers to sign the indemnity of payment forms upon check-in. (If the name on the credit card is different from the name in the booking record, the credit card verification should be processed according to number 2.)
- If the credit card holder is not part of the travel party, he or she must process the verification in one of following ways:
(1) Visit a China Airlines city office at least 72 hours before first CI/AE flight departure during business hours. All necessary documents (please see B, Required Documents) must be prepared beforehand including the credit card used for the purchase. This credit card holder must sign an “Indemnity of Payment” in front of a China Airlines staff.
(2) Process the verification at the airport during the check-in period for the first CI/AE flight on the itinerary. All necessary documents (please see B, Required Documents) must be prepared beforehand including the credit card used for the purchase. This credit card holder must sign an “Indemnity of Payment” in front of a China Airlines airport staff. (In view of the time limit during airport check-in, and because check-in may be handled by contracted airlines that may not be familiar with such practices, may we suggest that you contact China Airlines in advance to make sure someone is available to help at the airport.)
The following documents must be prepared for credit card verification:
- The credit card originally used for the corresponding purchase.
- An eligible photo ID that carries the same name as the credit card for verification.
- An “Indemnity of Payment” with transaction information that was e-mailed to the passenger following the Confirmation E-mail.
- The bank statement(contains bank account number which shows on the card) or bankbook/passbook need to be provided if the card is Taiwan issued anonymous credit/debit card.
C. For a transaction under US$5,000, the credit card holder may process the verification by Fax or Email (excluded From the Philippines). The procedure is as follows:
- The credit card holder must call a China Airlines city office at least 72 hours before the first CI/AE flight departure during business hours in order to obtain the correct fax number or email address.
- All required documents, along with a copy of two sides of the credit card and the signed “Indemnity of Payment ” if the card which proceed the payment is Taiwan issued anonymous credit/debit card you need to provide the bank statement(contains bank account number which shows on the card) or bankbook/passbook additionally, all documents must be faxed/emailed to the designated fax number or email address.
- The credit card holder must call to confirm all documents are properly received.
- To confirm the completion of verification, the credit card holder will receive an e-mail or text message to notify the completion of verification.