|1959||China Airlines was founded. Registered capital: TWD 400,000 Initial number of employees: 26 Initial aircraft fleet: one C54 aircraft and two PBY aircrafts|
|1961||Undertook military supplies in Laos.|
|1962||Undertook special cargo transport tasks for Vietnamese government and USARV. Inaugurated the first domestic route from Taipei to Hualien. |
|1966||Inaugurated the first international route from Taipei to Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City), marking the official start in international aviation.|
|1967||Inaugurated Northeast Asia routes.|
|1970||Developed the trans-Pacific Ocean routes to explore the US market.|
|1978||Invested in Taoyuan International Airport Services Co., Ltd.|
|1980||Invested in Dynasty Holidays, Inc.|
|1983||Expanded the European routes.|
|1986||Divided the service department into departments of passenger service and cargo service to expand operations.|
|1988||27 shareholders donated shares to establish China Aviation Development Foundation, transferring the supervision and management rights to the society.|
|1991||Realized privatization and prepared for IPO application.|
|1993||Officially listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange and became the first international airlines in the Taiwan stock market.|
|1995||Updated the Company Identification System (CIS) to the "plum blossom" logo.|
|1998||Completed the new "China Airlines Strategy Plan" and announced the new company vision of "We will be the most reliable airlines".|
|1999||Inaugurated cargo flight routes to Sydney, Delhi, and Colombo.|
- Established Shanghai office in Mainland China. Received ISO 9001 International Quality certification and commenced Internet ticketing.
- Established new branch offices in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Guam. Inaugurated passenger charter service to Delhi. Launched passenger routes to Penang, Vancouver and Sydney and cargo flight routes to Frankfurt.
|2001||Inaugurated cargo flight routes to Seattle and Nashville. Introduced A340-300 passenger jets.|
|2002||Inaugurated cargo flight routes to Manchester and passenger routes to Delhi.|
- Inaugurated the first cross-strait charter flight for Taiwan businessmen in Spring Festival. Inaugurated cargo flight routes to Ho Chi Minh City and Manchester, passenger charter flights to Seoul (Incheon airport), and passenger routes to Hanoi and Brisbane.
- Introduced the first two-cabin A340-300 aircraft. Issued Paragon Cards, the highest membership in Dynasty Flyer Program.
- Introduced three A330-300 passenger jets, two B747-400 passenger jets and two B747-400 freighters. Won the Best Airline Award in Manchester Airport.
- Invested in Yangtze River Express Airlines Company.
- Cooperated with Air China on the Frequent Flyer Program. Launched code-sharing services with Deutsche Bahn AG to undertake Train- Air-Truck transport.
- Ranked by Euromoney as having the Best Corporate Governance in Taiwan. Earned IATA IOSA safety certification. Won Global Excellence Award of Global Cargo Service, with its cargo service ranking 1st in Asia and 2nd in the world.
- Launched the world's first aircraft with butterfly orchid livery to help promote Taiwan agriculture.
- Earned IATA Ground Handling Certificate. Won Global Excellence Award of Global Cargo Service. Won the 2006 CSR Award. Ranked the 7th globally for Business Class service according to Skytrax's service quality survey. Ranked Top 3 Corporate Governance Asia in Taiwan.
- Inaugurated passenger route to Phnom Penh, cargo flight routes to Osaka, Hanoi and Stockholm, and the first cargo charter flight to Shanghai.
- Cooperated with the Council of Agriculture to launch the world's first aircraft with fruit livery.
- Started the Airline Business Operation Center Plan for Taoyuan International Airport, with a predicted three-year construction period and 47-year operation period.
- Signed a contract with AccorHotels for a new airport hotel.
- Ranked the 2nd, 6th, and 8th respectively in Economy, Business and First Class services according to the global airline service survey.
- Launched mobile counter service in Taoyuan International Airport to shorten passengers' check-in time at designated counters.
- Launched the cross-strait humanitarian charter flights direct to Chengdu to deliver disaster relief supplies for free. Inaugurated cross-strait charter flights for holidays weekend charter flights to Shanghai, Beijing, Xiamen, and Guangzhou, and cross-strait direct cargo charter flights.
- Signed Memorandum of Cooperation with China Southern Airlines. Cooperated with Hainan Airlines on the Frequent Flyer Program.
- Transported overseas relief supplies for the 8.8 Flood for free as endeavors to rebuild Taiwan.
- Inaugurated the Taipei-Osaka-Los Angeles cargo flight route and extended the Taipei-Singapore passenger route to Surabaya.
- Inaugurated cross-strait scheduled flights to 13 destinations in Mainland China, including Zhengzhou, Xiamen, Xi'an, Ningbo, Shenyang, and Changsha.
- Officially a member of IATA's e-Freight program. Inaugurated Taiwan's largest 120,000-pound power plant testing platform.
- Passed the greenhouse gas inspection and verification and obtained the top-level certificate of Reasonable Assurances Certification.
- Inaugurated passenger routes of Taipei- Miyazaki and Qingdao, Songshan - Hongqiao and Haneda, and Kaohsiung - Xiamen and Narita, direct cargo flights to Xiamen, Nanjing and Fuzhou as well as the special cargo charter flight direct to Xi'an.
- Delivered disaster relief supplies for Haiti earthquake. Provided discounted tickets, cargo transport, and goodwill ambassador training for the Taiwan Pavilion at Shanghai World Expo.
- Signed Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Eastern Airlines and China Southern Airlines. Signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with Garuda Indonesia. Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Fuzhou city in China.
- Launched the company headquarters in China Airlines Park and won the National Building Golden Award and National First Award.
- Earned CG6005 Corporate Governance Systems Evaluation Certification of Corporate Governance Association.
- Launched the Taoyuan-Brisbane-Auckland route, morning flights to Singapore, and Taoyuan-Osaka-New York flights. Launched flights from/to Taoyuan - Wuhan, Sanya, Yancheng, Haikou, Nanchang and Dalian, from/to Kaohsiung - Beijing, Changsha, Chongqing and Kuala Lumpur, and from/to Taichung - Chongqing and Nanchang.
- Launched code-sharing cooperation with China Eastern Airlines and Shanghai Airlines and signed a Strategic Framework Agreement with Zhejiang Tourism Group.
- Maintained routes between Taiwan and Japan to assist Japan in rapid rebuilding after the earthquake/tsunami.
- Won Transportation Industry Excellence Award in the Service Benchmark Enterprise Survey by magazine Business Next, Gold Award in Reader's Digest Trusted Brands 2011, Taiwan Top 100 Brands selected by Ministry of Economy, 10th Award among the World's Best Airlines selected by Aviation Week, and Excellence Award in 2011 Energy Conservation and Carbon Reduction Action Label organized by EPA, Executive Yuan.
- Became the first Taiwanese airline member of SkyTeam.
- Cooperated with Michelin-star chefs to introduce new Chinese-style in-flight meals for First and Business Class services.
- Introduced SkyPriority services. Joined SkyTeam Cargo.
- Signed a Memorandum of Strategic Cooperation with Chunghwa Telecom. Signed industry-academia agreements with NTUT, YunTech and NFU. Signed an OnPoint Fuel & Carbon Solutions Agreement with GE Aviation.
- Received Authorized Economic Operator Certification, Super Green Judges Award and 2012 Green Brand Top Award of Business Next, Gold Award in Reader's Digest Trusted Brands 2012, Sports Activists Award from Sports Affairs Council, Top Award in Consumer Brand Survey of Management Magazine, and Excellence Award in 2012 Energy Conservation and Carbon Reduction Action Label, with CI Maintenance Facility received ISO 14001 Environment Management System Test Certification.
- Launched new routes of Songshan-Wenzhou and Taoyuan-Kagoshima, Shizuoka and Toyama. Increased scheduled flights to Narita, Osaka, Fukuoka, and Nagoya. Launched the Songshan-Sydney route. Launched the Taipei-Sydney-Auckland route. Increased flights from/to Taoyuan - Kagoshima, Seoul, and Yangon. Increased scheduled flights of Taoyuan-Hong Kong-Jakarta and Taoyuan-Yangon.
- Launched electronic boarding pass so that Book & Purchase, Internet e-Check-In, and Boarding can be completed on smart cellphones.
- Launched the world's first trans-Pacific climate observation aircraft. Became the world's first airlines to display carbon footprint and calories for in-flight delicacies.
- Retrofitted the cabins of nine 747 passenger jets, with all cabin seats and video systems updated.
- Formed Greater China Connection Partnership with China Southern, China Eastern and Xiamen Airlines.
- Launched code-sharing services service with Russia's Transaero Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines. Expanded code-sharing services with China Southern Airlines.
- Launched Taoyuan-Takamatsu route, Chiayi-Shizuoka charter flights, Taoyuan-Hawaii direct flights, Taoyuan-Urumqi and Lijiang routes. Launched routes of Taoyuan-Ishigaki, Tainan-Hong Kong, and Taoyuan-Busan as well as charter flights of Songshan-Matsuyama. Launched the Taoyuan-Nanjing-Zhengzhou cargo route and Taoyuan-Weihai flights.
- Launched cargo services for thermal-controlled products.
- Won Super Green Judges Award and 2013 Green Brand Top Award of the Business Next magazine. Won Top Aviation Brand in 2013 Power Brands Survey of Manager Today and Gold Award in Reader's Digest Trusted Brands. Won Corporate Standardization Award in National Standardization Award, 3rd Taiwan Green Classics Award, 2013 Service Excellence Award of Global Views, and 22nd Business Awards for the Environment from EPA.
- Earned ISO 14001 Environment Management System Expansion Certification and ISO 50001 Energy Management System Setup Certification. Won 2014 International Green Classics Award, Super Green Judges Award and Green Brand Top Award of Business Next Magazine, Top Award Among Common Brands selected by Young Generation, Gold Award in Reader's Digest Trusted Brands, 23rd Business Award for the Environment of ROC, 2014 Five Star Service Award of Global Views, and four awards in 2014 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards.
- Started industry-academia cooperation with Tamkang University to cultivate aviation talents. Launched code-sharing cooperation with Virgin America, WestJet, and Qantas.
- Launched routes of Songshan-Fuzhou and Taoyuan-Changchun, Hefei, Yantai and Xuzhou.
- Ranked the 6th in the world regarding international air cargo shipment.
- The first NexGen 777-300ER passenger aircraft delivered in Seattle. Launched the only Cultural Arts Space NexGen Lounge in the world.
- Launched new services on 777-300ER on the Taipei-Los Angeles route starting from December 1.
- Won the Annual Best of Design Awards in 2014 Golden Pin Design Award with its NexGen 777 aircraft cabin design and was named the Best Airline in North Asia by Global Traveler.
- China Airlines and Mandarin Airlines Won the CAA 2014 Golden Wing Awards. Won National Industry Innovation Award for NexGen Aesthetics. 777 NexGen Cabin Won Red Dot Design Award. Named in TheDesignAir Top 10 'Passenger's Choice' Airline Brands of 2015.
- Provided New Services With 777-300ER on Taipei-New York Route from February 2.
- Lanuched Taipei-Wuxi, Kaohsiung-Changzhou,Kumamoto,Fukuoka, Taipei-Melbourne, Tainan-Osaka flights.
- China Airlines Joined Forces with UPS in South China. Launched Codeshare Service with Philippines Airlines.
- China Airlines Opened Taiwan's First Aircraft Maintenance.
- China Airlines and China Eastern Airlines Partner on First Greater China Region SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport.
- China Airlines Three-peats in Enterprise Environmental Protection Award. Won 2015 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards.
- China Airlines, Mandarin Airlines and NCKU Formed Industry-Academia Partnership to Cultivate Aviation Management Talent.
- China Airlines and YangMing Marine Signaled New Era for Passenger and Freight Transport.
- Lanuched Taipei-Yangzhou Flight. Transiting Taiwan for Mainlanders was officially approved.
- China Airlines Won German iF Design Award. Named Best Premium Economy Class in Global Traveler Leisure Travel Awards.
- China Airlines "Dynasty" In-flight Magazine Won APEX Award of Excellence.
- China Airlines Upped Free Baggage Allowance by 10 kg for Holiday Shoppers. Cut Excess Baggage Charges Even Further for Overseas Shoppers.
- China Airlines Took Delivery of First A350-900 XWB Passenger Aircraft.
- Won TCSA Award for Third Consecutive Year. China Airlines A350 Scored a Double Win at TheDesignAir 2016 International Awards.
- China Airlines and Japan Airlines agreed to strengthen cargo and passenger cooperation.
- A new MOU signed between China Airlines and Airbus.
- China Airlines Won Air Cargo Excellence Award.
- Awarded AS9110 Certification and Became AIRBUS Certified Aircraft Maintenance Service Supplier.
- China Airlines Signed Buckingham Palace Declaration Against Wildlife Trafficking.
- China Airlines Chosen to Transport National Satellite to the US for the 4th Time.
- China Airlines Hosted AAPA Annual Conference to Promote Asia-Pacific Aviation Industry.
- China Airlines and NORDAM Aerospace Group Formed Joint Venture in Taiwan.
- Won 4th TCSA Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Award and 2017 Global Views Five-Star Service Award.
- Set New Milestone in Carbon Reduction for Taiwanese Carriers with Adoption of Sustainable Alternative Fuels.
- Lanuched Taipei-London Flight.
- Named Global Traveler's Best Airline in North Asia for Fifth Time Running.
- CAL Park Awarded Diamond-rated Green Building-Achieves Annual Power Savings of 23,000 kWh.