Other Special Needs
- Definition: infants are defined as being under 2 years old (on the boarding date).
- Newborn infants, who are more than 14 days old and accompanied by adults, can travel on our company’s flights. For healthy concerns, we do not accept newborn infants within 14 days old for any flight under any circumstance.
- We provide a limited number of bassinets for infants in-flight (except model A321neo). Bassinets are designed and can be used only for infants measuring less than 71cm/28 inches and weighing less than 11kg/24.2 pounds.
- Passengers travelling with infants have priority to sit in the bulkhead seat that has more space to place the bassinet.
- We encourage you to request for a bassinet when you book an infant ticket, as only a limited number of bassinets and bulkhead seats are available on board and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If an infant travels with an adult and does not occupy a seat, the infant will be charged the infant fare.
- If one adult travels with two infants, one child fare ticket must be purchased for an occupied seat.(please contact CI’s local office or travel agency to purchase such tickets) The infant must sit in a safety seat. Please refer to the Child Safety Seat below for more instructions about the specifications and the usage of the safety seat.
We use the term "child" or "children" to refer to travelers who are 2 years old or older, but under 12 years of age. Child fare tickets must be purchased for children who travel on our flights. Children must also be accompanied by an adult traveler. Adult fare applies for children who are 12 years of age or older.
- Child Restraint System Usage Policy
- The accompanying adult traveler's seat must be immediately adjacent to the child restraint system (CRS).
- The CRS must be secured to the seat with a seat belt throughout the entire flight.
- The CRS should be secured in an aft-facing direction if the traveler using the CRS weighs less than 9 kg (20 lb), and in a forward-facing direction if the traveler using the CRS weighs 9-18 kg (20-40 lb).
- Children occupying a seat who weigh more than 18 kg (40 lb) may not use a CRS.
- China Airlines Acceptable Child Restraint System Specifications
- Compliant with U.S. national manufacturing standards and must have on it a certification label that indicates it is appropriate for use in land transport vehicles and aircraft. Please see Certification Label Illustrations for examples.
- CRSs manufactured in other countries/regions must have on it a label that indicates compliance with the country/region's national safety standards, or a label that states the CRS is in compliance with UN standards.
- The CRS qualified for the use at all times on the aircraft must be equipped with internal restraint straps, a solid back and seat, and bear the approved labels as below.
- Specifications for Child Safety Belt Usage
- Weight: 22 - 44 lb (10 - 20 kg)
- Height: under 100 cm (40 in)
- Certification Label Illustrations
- Designated Seating: Seats without airbag seat belts that are:
Aircraft Type / Seat No. / Class Premium Business /
Premium Economy Class Economy Class B777-300ER CRS cannot be assigned to all business class seats Only seat 30A/E/F/K are suggested to install the CRS. The window seats (except 40A,K/60A,K) are suggested to install the CRS. Seats 40-72E are suggested to install the CRS. A350-900 CRS cannot be assigned to all business class seats Only seat 30E/31A/31K are suggested to install the CRS. The window seats (except 61A,K) are suggested to install the CRS. Seats 40-75E, are suggested to install the CRS. A330-300 All the window seats are suggested to install the CRS. None The window seats (except 7A,K/27A,K) are suggested to install the CRS. Seats 8-39E,F and 40-44E are suggested to install the CRS. A321 neo All the window seats are suggested to install the CRS. The window seats (except 49A,K/50A,K) are suggested to install the CRS. B737-800 All the window seats are suggested to install the CRS. The window seats (except 16A,K/17A,K) are suggested to install the CRS.
For more information on our child restraint system seat selection service, please contact our booking department.