Deutsche Bahn (DB)
In cooperation with Deutsche Bahn (DB), passengers of China Airlines can use Rail&Fly or Interline services to transfer from Frankfurt Airport or Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, to more than 5,600 stations within Germany with a generic name of QYG representing all these DB train stations in Germany. In addition, with the Interline service there are 13 major DB train stations which allow you to select and book your DB train connecting with China Airlines flights at Frankfurt Airport for a cozy and comfortable journey.
Rail&Fly service between
|FRA (Frankfurt Airport)
AMS (Amsterdam Schiphol Airport)
|QYG (Railway Germany)|
|CI all classes of services||DB- 1st Class|
Interline service between (valid for travel on/after 01JAN22)
|FRA (Frankfurt Airport)||QKL (Cologne Central Station), QDU (Dusseldorf Central Station),
ZWS (Stuttgart Central Station), ZBA (Basel Bad Station),
ZMU (Munich Central Station), XIR (Dresden Central Station),
XIT (Leipzig Central Station), QPP (Berlin Central Station),
ZMB (Hamburg Central Station), ZVR (Hannover Central Station),
ZAQ (Nuremberg Central Station), DHC (Bremen Central Station),
MKF (Münster Central Station)
|CI Business class of service||DB- 1st Class|
|CI Premium/Economy classes of services||DB- 2nd Class|
The services can be booked through China Airlines website, with your travel agency or China Airlines offices. Please note that the DB ticket must be purchased in conjunction with China Airlines international flight. The DB service can be booked within 24 hours of the scheduled departure and within 24 hours after the schedule arrival time at FRA/AMS.
Things to know
- Rail&Fly: Train tickets are valid on regional and long-distance trains as well as on selected non-federally owned railways (NE-Bahnen to/from AMS).
- Please mind that QYG is a generic name for all DB train stations in Germany. As your Rail&Fly train and destination are not specified, please visit DB website (www.Bahn.de) to select your preferred actual departure/arrival time.
- Interline: ICE trains are given a flight number and represent real train connections. The interline service requires you to travel on the specified train. A change to a later/earlier train is only allowed in case your flight times have changed.
- The DB ticket is available 72 hours prior to your flight departure/arrival for check in and download.
Please print your ticket at home or save it on your mobile device prior to boarding your train.
Please visit https://www.rail-checkin.com to check in by entering your flight ticket name and number or booking reference. During the DB journey you usually would be required to present your valid train ticket, photo ID/passport and China Airlines e-ticket for inspection.
- Passengers can select their seats in advance for a fee on the DB website (https://www.bahn.com/en/view/offers/other/seat-reservation.shtml).
You may even select your seats prior to printing your train ticket. Seat reservation is none changeable/refundable.
- No change or refund of DB ticket is allowed once it is checked-in.
- Please note that your luggage will be your responsibility throughout your entire rail journey.
- Passenger is responsible for arriving at the airport in time. We do recommend you to choose a connection of DB that allows you to arrive at the airport two hours before flight departure and provides sufficient time to proceed through immigration and collect your baggage after arrival. China Airlines is not liable for passenger who misses flight with train delay/cancellation.