Ticketing date on/after 02Oct.2019, No-show fee will be imposed on passengers who did not board the flight. Please remember to contact the travel agents where you purchase your ticket or China Airlines branch office to cancel your itinerary.
- Requesting Upgrade with miles at Airport:
If a requested upgrade seat cannot be confirmed prior to flight departure or requested at airport (go show) without any reservation:
- Members must have sufficient mileages or a valid award number and issue an eligible ticket with confirmed reservation upon applying for upgrade award. Any ticket fare difference/service fee incurred by fare re-pricing should be collected and re-issued ahead.
- Then members may book and obtain a confirmed or stand-by upgrade booking on the same reservation record. (The booking class for Premium Economy class is P class, for Premium Business/Business class is I class).
- Upon check-in, if seats in the requested class are available, cabin upgrade can be accepted according to normal check-in procedure.
- If the original ticket class of a member's ticket does not comply with the rules for upgrade, the member must pay fare difference between the two classes and the service charge involved.
- To use transferred award to upgrade, please make sure award transfer procedures and a valid award number has been issued (three working days)
- Stand-by and Go-show upgrade booking is not available via CI web site.
- China Airlines and Mandarin Airlines reserve the right to limit or adjust the amount of passenger upgrades subject to the status of booking on each flight. The upgrade seats may not be available on some flights or at some period, even if seats are available for paid tickets.
- If the ticket presented at the airport check-in counter does not comply with the rules for upgrade, the member must purchase another ticket, pay fare difference between the two classes, or check in according to the ticket class per airport staff's suggestion.
- Cabin upgrade is only available for scheduled international flights operated by China Airlines and Mandarin Airlines. Any code-shared flights are not available except for flights below:
- Flights between Taipei and Hanoi, and Kaohsiung and Ho Chi Minh City operated by Vietnam Airlines.
- Members must book under China Airlines flight number when requesting cabin upgrade for code-shared flight.
- Cabin upgrade for code-shared flights cannot be requested upon check-in at airport.
- The amount of required award numbers should be calculated per segment, and each segment requires an individual award number. If the itinerary includes a stopover or transfer, the mileage required for cabin upgrade for the whole itinerary must be added together, and then award numbers should be redeemed per each segment.
- In case members requesting cabin upgrade are transferred to other carriers, members should get on board in accordance with the ticket class of the ticket they hold.
- China Airlines will notify members of amendments to class upgrade regulations or other class upgrade award qualifications made in accordance with adjustments in cabin configuration via other means including Member News at China Airlines Website or Mileage Summary.
- China Airlines website Dynasty Member webpage and airport is not available for date change or cancellation of a cabin upgrade booking.
- The ticket holder is responsible for all taxes and surcharges for an upgrade award and some tax difference may be collected at the airport. Such as, UK, Malaysia, and India ....etc.
- Ticketing date on/after 02Oct.2019, China Airlines/Mandarin Airlines will be launching new Fare Family products, reservation and ticket issues will all be based on Fare Family rules of each segment.