- Definition: infants are defined as being under 2 years old (on the boarding date).
- Newborn infants, who are more than 14 days old and accompanied by adults, can travel on our company’s flights. For healthy concerns, we do not accept newborn infants within 14 days old for any flight under any circumstance.
- All our flights provide a limited number of bassinets (except the ERJ aircraft type) for infants less than 6 months old. Moreover, since the size of the bassinet is limited, the bassinet service will be only offered to the infant with the age up to 6 months old, the height up to 28 inches (71cm) and the weight up to 24.2 pounds (11kg).
- Passengers travelling with infants have priority to sit in the bulkhead seat that has more space to place the bassinet.
- We encourage you to request for a bassinet when you book an infant ticket, as only a limited number of bassinets and bulkhead seats are available on board and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If an infant travels with an adult and does not occupy a seat, the infant will be charged the infant fare.
- If one adult travels with two infants, one child fare ticket must be purchased for an occupied seat.(please contact CI’s local office or travel agency to purchase such tickets) The infant must sit in a safety seat. Please refer to the Child Safety Seat below for more instructions about the specifications and the usage of the safety seat.
We use the term "child" or "children" to refer to travelers who are 2 years old or older, but under 12 years of age. Child fare tickets must be purchased for children who travel on our flights. Children must also be accompanied by an adult traveler. Adult fare applies for children who are 12 years of age or older.
- Child Restraint System Usage Policy
- The accompanying adult traveler's seat must be immediately adjacent to the child restraint system (CRS).
- The CRS must be secured to the seat with a seat belt throughout the entire flight.
- The CRS should be secured in an aft-facing direction if the traveler using the CRS weighs less than 9 kg (20 lb), and in a forward-facing direction if the traveler using the CRS weighs 9-18 kg (20-40 lb).
- Children occupying a seat who weigh more than 18 kg (40 lb) may not use a CRS.
- China Airlines Acceptable Child Restraint System Specifications
- Compliant with U.S. national manufacturing standards and must have on it a certification label that indicates it is appropriate for use in land transport vehicles and aircraft. Please see Certification Label Illustrations for examples.
- CRSs manufactured in other countries/regions must have on it a label that indicates compliance with the country/region's national safety standards, or a label that states the CRS is in compliance with UN standards.
- Specifications for Child Safety Belt Usage
- applicable to children who are 2 - 4 years old.
- Weight: 22 - 44 lb (10 - 20 kg)
- Height: under 100 cm (40 in)
- Certification Label Illustrations
- Suitable for use on B747-400/B777-300ER/A330-300/A350-900/B737-800/ERJ190 aircraft.
- Suitable for use on all aircraft except ERJ-190
- Designated Seating: Seats without airbag seat belts that are:
(A)Not emergency exit window seats or (B)Non-aisle seats between two aisles
- Aircraft cabin class and seats for China Airlines aircraft with
Aircraft B777-300ER A350-900 Other aircraft Business Class All seats are equipped with airbag seat belts None None Premium Economy Except for 30A, C, D, E, F, G, H, K, all seats are equipped with airbag seat belts Except for 30D, E, G/31A, C, H, K, all seats are equipped with airbag seat belts Economy None None Aircraft cabin class and seats for China Airlines aircraft with airbag seat belts
- For more information on our child restraint system seat selection service, please contact our booking department.