With the aim of providing better service quality to China Airlines' loyal members and becoming your first choice for travels, effective from December 1st, 2017, membership upgrade and renewal qualification will be adjusted as below. We suggest you read below explanation carefully to fully enjoy membership benefits.
1. Calculation Period Adjustment for Membership Upgrade
To determine whether members are qualified for upgrade to next tier, only mileage and trips earned within consecutive 12 months during current membership will be counted. If membership tier is changed, all the mileage and trips accumulated during previous membership will be excluded. Namely, when Gold members are upgraded to Emerald, all mileage and trips earned when they were Dynasty members will not be counted; when Emerald members are upgraded to Paragon, all mileage and trips earned when they were Gold members will not be counted.
(1) Dynasty member Mr. Wang has earned 30,000 miles from January 1st to June 30th, 2018, which means he will move up to Gold on July 1st, 2018. If he aims to move up to Emerald, he needs to earn another 50,000 miles from July 1st, 2018. All the miles earned from January 1st to June 30th, 2018 will not be counted.
(2) Gold member Mr. Chen has earned 31,500 miles during his Gold membership, which is valid till Mar 31st, 2018. Since he doesn't qualify for membership renewal (40,000 miles), he will be downgraded to Dynasty next month. If he wants an upgrade to Gold tier again, he needs to earn another 30,000 miles from April 1st, 2018. All the 31,500 miles earned before April 1st, 2018 will not be counted.
2. One-Year Preservation for Mileage and Trips Balance
When members move up to next tier, if China Airlines / Mandarin Airlines Business Class trip counts, mileage or total weighted trips exceed qualification standards, the remaining balance can be preserved for one year, which can be combined for upgrade to next tier. Your every trip and mile will not be wasted and help you move up to our higher membership tiers even faster.
Gold member Ms. Lin has earned 60,000 miles and 45 weighted trips from January 1st to June 30th, 2018, which means she will move up to Emerald on July 1st, 2018. Since her miles and weighted trips exceed Emerald upgrade qualification (50,000 miles or 40 weighted trips), both of the surplus 10,000 miles and 5 weighted trips can be preserved for one year. Before July 1st, 2019, Ms. Lin only needs another 110,000 miles or 75 weighted trips to move up to Paragon (Paragon upgrade qualification is 120,000 miles or 80 weighted trips).
3. China Airlines / Mandarin Airlines Weighted Trips Minimum Requirement for Membership Upgrade
For upgrade to next tier, all members are required to accumulate at least 6 weighted trips from China Airlines / Mandarin Airlines self-operated scheduled international flights. If this accumulation exceeds 6 weighted trips when members move up to next tier, the remaining weighted trips cannot be preserved. The counting of this minimum requirement will be reset after every upgrade.
Dynasty member Mr. Li has earned 30,000 miles and 10 weighted trips from China Airlines / Mandarin Airlines self-operated scheduled international flights from January 1st to June 30th, 2018, which means he will move up to Gold tier on July 1st, 2018. Then, from July 1st, 2018 to June 30th, 2019, Mr. Li has earned 50,000 miles but only 2 weighted trips from China Airlines / Mandarin Airlines self-operated scheduled international flights, and therefore he cannot upgrade to Emerald.
4. SkyTeam Flights Only Available for Mileage Accrual
For SkyTeam flights departing from December 1st, 2017, members can only earn miles, which can be counted for membership upgrade and renewal; weighted trips accrual will be not available. For SkyTeam flights departing before December 1st, 2017, all miles and weighted trips can still be counted for membership upgrade and renewal.
Thank you again for your continuous support and patronage with us. It's our pleasure to serve our members as honorable guests and we look forward to seeing you soon! If you have further inquiries, please feel free to contact our nearest customer service center.