For all travel classes, each cabin baggage (including handles, casters, and side pockets) may not exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm) in size (length x width x height) or 7 kg in weight. Cabin baggage is permitted in an aircraft cabin only if it can be safely stowed under the seat or in the overhead bin.
For your convenience, a baggage measurer is available at either the check-in counter or the boarding gate to help you determine whether your carry-on baggage meets the volume requirements. For cabin safety reasons, if your cabin baggage is overweight or oversized, it will be checked and carried in the cargo hold. and excess baggage charges will be collected if the cabin baggage exceeds your free checked baggage allowance.
In addition to the above-mentioned cabin baggage, each passenger may carry one piece of the following personal items free of charge:
Handbag or wallet
Small camera and/or pair of binoculars
A reasonable number of duty-free items
Infant's napkins, feeding bottle and food for consumption in flight
A reasonable amount of reading material
Food for consumption in flight contained in disposable packaging
Passenger’s carry-on multi-functioning luggage, inflatable cushion, or other travel accessory used as an extra footrest for children to lie down during flight may be used on board our flights as long as the instructions for use set by the manufacturer(s) are followed.
Travel gadgets that do not fit in carry-on luggage or exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm) in size (length x width x height) or 7 kg in weight will be counted as part of your cabin baggage allowance.
To ensure safe use of travel gadgets for you, please comply with the regulations below:
(1) Passengers need to inform our booking department to pre-arrange suitable seats if they want to use the products on-board.
(2) Travel gadgets may only be used at the window seats (ex. A/K) that are not adjacent to emergency escape path and emergency exit.
(3) Must not be used during the aircraft take-off, landing, or taxiing.
(4) Must not damage the aircraft seat when using the travel gadgets.
(5) Must not put two or more units of travel gadgets together for children to lie down. Children must be accompanied by adults when using the travel gadgets.
(6) When the fasten seat belt sign is turned ON during flight, passenger must make sure the seat belts of travel gadgets are securely fastened and following cabin crew instruction.
Medical equipment or supplies
Child safety seat
Baby bassinets and strollers
(1) You can bring small musical instruments (like flutes or violins) as part of your hand carry baggage onto the plane if the dimensions is not exceed 100 x 36 x 23cm (height x width x depth) and not over 7 kgs including the case and can be safely stowed inside the overhead locker or the space under your seat as part of your hand baggage allowance.
(2) You can store larger musical instruments if both the dimension and weight are over the forgoing specification (like a Bass or a cello) on a purchased seat if you do not want to check them in. or check in it as a checked baggage.
(3) You must store your instrument in a hard case
(4) Due to temperature variation, expansion and contraction of the neck of stringed instruments may occur. We advise passengers to loosen their strings before travel to prevent any strain or damage.
For flight safety, all sharp items must be placed in checked baggage. These include any type of knives, metal nail files, scissors, tweezers, and other similar items; If any of these items are found in your carry-on luggage, they will either be delivered late, confiscated, or held by the airport security staff. China Airlines shall not assume any responsibility for it.
Prohibited/Restricted Items in Carry-on Baggage
Liquid, aerosol, and gel will only be allowed in cabin baggage if they are kept in containers with volumes of no more than 100 ml each.
These containers must be carried in a transparent, zippered plastic bag. The bag's total volume must not exceed 1 liter.
Each passenger is allowed to carry only one such plastic bag.
The bag must be separated from cabin baggage and presented to security personnel for individual X-ray examination at the checkpoint.
Medications and special dietary requirements, including infant formula
They are permitted in cabin baggage.
They must be separated from cabin baggage and declared to security personnel at the checkpoint.
Passengers carrying prescription drugs must bring along identity documents (e.g. ID cards, medical certificates).
Various countries have implemented restrictions on liquids, aerosols and gels in compliance with the restrictions set forth by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Some countries have imposed these restrictions on both arriving and departing flights. This may affect your ability to carry duty-free purchases onboard the aircraft. Passengers are advised to check with duty-free personnel before making their purchases.
For passengers who transit/transfer in Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport or Kaohsiung International Airport (including connecting flights to Kaohsiung), duty-free liquids, aerosols or gels purchased before transit/transfer in Taiwan and contained in carry-on baggage will be confiscated at the security checkpoint. Therefore, the passengers are advised to purchase such products after transiting/ transferring.